Therapy Area Lead Oncology (f/m/d), Sandoz ComOps, Vienna, Austria
That’s how many lives our products touched in 2021.
160+ projects currently in clinical development. 21 major approvals last year alone. These are achievements we’re incredibly proud of, but in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
Novartis focuses on innovative patent-protected medicines, generics and eye care products – segments where we have global reach and strong relations with our customers. Research and development (R&D) sits at the core of our business and central to our strategy. Our global organizations for manufacturing, business services and other functions help increase efficiency and promote excellence.
The Innovative Medicines Division has two business units:
Novartis Pharmaceuticals focuses on patented treatments in the areas of ophthalmology; immunology, hepatology and dermatology; neuroscience; respiratory; and cardio-metabolic.
Novartis Oncology focuses on patented treatments for a variety of cancers and rare diseases.
Sandoz offers patients and healthcare professionals high-quality, affordable generics and biosimilars.
Functional organizations with a global reach:
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR) is the innovation engine of Novartis. NIBR focuses on discovering new drugs that can change the practice of medicine.
Global Drug Development (GDD) organization oversees the development of new medicines discovered by our researchers and partners.
Novartis Technical Operations (NTO) handles manufacturing of innovative medicines and Sandoz products.
NTO helps us optimize resource allocation and capacity planning across our production sites.
Novartis Business Services (NBS) consolidates support services across our organization, helping drive efficiency, simplification, standardization and quality.
Corporate Functions support the enterprise in specific areas of expertise, including finance, human resources, legal and communications.
No.1 – we are the No.1 Biosimilar player both nationally and internationally with the most marketed Biosimilar brands and with an exciting pipeline to come.
Biosimilars are also a key focus of our TA Immunology, which we aim to grow further given its immense potential.
Biosimilars and Generics have enabled more affordable access to key medicines for patients in the therapy of severe and debilitating diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis or inflammatory bowel diseases.
And we aim to broaden the access for patients further – because this is our goal: Wir versorgen Österreich!
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Smart management of P&L to ensure net sales, OpInc targets are delivered
- Proactive management of total fix cost to meet budget targets and proactive alignment with BU Head / Finance on P&L KPI’s and implementation of mitigation actions
- Mobilization and development of marketing and sales team through effective leadership and management skills
- Smart move towards Omni channel engagement with a clear playbook of personas, messages, and channels per brand; develop and implement KPIs to track efficiency and impact per activity and channel
- Development of mid-to long term strategic plan for the unit; monitor strategy and resource allocation, adapt accordingly
- Fully conversant with the customer /marketplace, key dynamics and policies in addition to an up-to-date knowledge of key competitors and their likely strategies. Maintain relationships with key opinion leaders (KOL) in Austria
- Ensure best in class launch preparation and execution along patient, customer, and product journey
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- University degree in business administration, sales & marketing or natural science or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of work experiences in marketing and sales in pharmaceutical industry or equivalent
- Proven experience in using Omni channel engagement and digital savvy
- Experienced negotiator and KOL contact
- Fluent in German and English languages
- Dynamic leader, proven leadership, change management and people development skills
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinker
- Instills sense of urgency and a strong ‘can-do’ attitude in the department & excellent manager of people
- Further Marketing and Business Administration qualifications advantageous
- Knowledge of Austrian Pharma-Market
500 million patients were touched by Sandoz generic and biosimilar medicines in 2020 and while we’re proud of this, we know there is more we could do to continue to help pioneer access to medicines for people around the world.
How will we do this? We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what’s possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Sandoz!
In addition to a market-competitive base salary, we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning and development options as well as worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. In accordance with Austrian law, we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary as stated in the collective bargaining agreement. For this position the minimum salary is € 66.526,88/year (on a full time basis). The actual salary will be significantly higher, as we strive to maintain a competitive position in the market and consider your previous experience, qualifications and individual competencies. We are open for part-time and job sharing models and support flexible and remote working where possible.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Sandoz is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Our recruitment decisions are based on selecting the best person for the job, regardless of gender, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability.
Join our Novartis Group Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network