Technical Software Project Manager (f/m/x) - Railway Projects
In a world that is increasingly fast moving and unpredictable — and full of opportunities — customers count on us to help make life better and keep people safer. Across the United States and around the globe, our team applies its strengths in cybersecurity, connectivity, artificial intelligence and big data to collaboratively solve problems and transform the way our customers do business.
Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents and cultures, our professionals design and deliver extraordinary solutions. As the architects of decisive moments, we’re making the world a smarter, safer, better place. Learn more about who we are and the work that inspires us, and find out what we can do, together.
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
In Austria customers in rail transportation, air traffic, cybersecurity and defence missions rely on Thales. Additionally, our expertise in signalling gives people and goods in Central and Eastern European markets, like Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Macedonia, Croatia, Serbia and Albania, the connected journey they deserve. No matter how challenging the project, our 400 employees in Vienna stay by our customer’s side until the job is done – whatever it takes.
- Responsible for the technical management of railway projects
- Ensure technical project milestone fulfillment to achieve goals and meet/exceed customer expectations
- Establish trust with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, eliminating non-value-added activities and blockers, and also finding creative ways to accelerate project delivery
- Communicate status and critical issues clearly in a short and concise format
- Manage issues and risks, create mitigation plans and escalate to appropriate stakeholders as necessary
- University degree in Railway Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
- Around 3 years of experience in technical project management with a focus on SW Engineering
- Railway domain knowledge including technical safety and security is an advantage
- Positive attitude and persistence are key to succeed in this role
- Competitive mindset, strong desire to achieve
- Comfortable with fast-changing parameters in a dynamic project environment
- Excellent communication in English language, German language beneficial
- Willingness for international travel (10%)
- Project Management certification appreciated
- Challenging, long-term projects in a worldwide acting group offering various internal development opportunities
- Great accessibility by public transport and various benefits like flexible working time with home office policy, on-site cantine with company subsidy and Wiener Linien Job Ticket.
- Support for further education and development
- Support with work permit applications
- The legal minimum remuneration for this position is 61.656€ g.p.a (IT KV).
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!