Who we are
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and steadily approaching 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe’s most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As a Tax Specialist, you will work on a full range of domestic and international tax matters, align closely with local and foreign tax advisory services and participate in the structuring of group tax strategies and product set up.
What you’ll do
- Support with all kinds of tax compliance obligations for all our entities globally, in particular through the preparation of corporate income tax returns, VAT returns and other tax reporting obligations to ensure timely and accurate tax compliance for all our entities
- Point of contact for international tax matters, in particular transfer pricing documentation and the taxation of permanent establishments
- Act as an interface between tax, accounting and legal and coordinate cross-functional work streams.
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of tax planning projects and tax strategies for the whole group
- Assist in tax examination and structuring for financial products (digital assets) and the examination of tax consequences for our users in local markets
Who you are
- University degree in economics with focus on tax & accounting would be preferable
- At least 1-2 years’ in tax consultancy or in the tax department of an international company, preferably in the financial industry
- General knowledge in international tax law (in particular, corporate income tax and VAT) (tax treaties, transfer pricing and EU directives)
- Strong Excel and MS Office skills
- Excellent German and English skills
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid annual leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral New Parent Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 60 days Work From Anywhere* following the 80/20 Rule
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- Bitpanda merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
- These benefits do not apply for our internships and exceptions to our Hybrid Working policy apply to teams with shift schedules or for folks whose roles require them to be in office (think: Workplaces team or IT).
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.