Software Engineer, Java
Who we are
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and steadily approaching 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe’s most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As a Backend Developer at Bitpanda, you will be responsible for writing, reviewing and maintaining clean and scalable code over all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
About the team:
Our mission is to support our users to a reliable, fast and secure experience while using the financial instruments on our platform. In this role, you will have the opportunity to implement complex functionalities for our platform & customers. Daily challenges will consist of improving performance, security, payment providers and continuing implementing different projects.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop scalable, resilient, message-driven services using Java as a programming language
- Write clean and correct code with high test coverage and extensive testing
- Contribute to conversational development, disseminating information to the rest of the team
- Optimise systems to ensure reliability, performance, scalability and maintainability
What we’re looking for:
- Knowledge and experience in software development with Java 11+
- Knowledge of both relational and non-relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Experience creating and maintaining publicly available REST APIs
- Practical knowledge in using message-oriented middleware (Kafka)
- Know-how in using CI/CD and familiarity with AWS will be advantageous
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid annual leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral New Parent Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 60 days Work From Anywhere* following the 80/20 Rule
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- Bitpanda merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
- These benefits do not apply for our internships and exceptions to our Hybrid Working policy apply to teams with shift schedules or for folks whose roles require them to be in office (think: Workplaces team or IT).
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.