SOFTWARE ENGINEER FOR RAILWAY INTERLOCKING CONTROL SYSTEMS (F/M/X)
In a world that is increasingly fast moving and unpredictable — and full of opportunities — customers count on us to help make life better and keep people safer. Across the United States and around the globe, our team applies its strengths in cybersecurity, connectivity, artificial intelligence and big data to collaboratively solve problems and transform the way our customers do business.
Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents and cultures, our professionals design and deliver extraordinary solutions. As the architects of decisive moments, we’re making the world a smarter, safer, better place. Learn more about who we are and the work that inspires us, and find out what we can do, together.
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
In Austria customers in rail transportation, air traffic, cybersecurity and defence missions rely on Thales. Additionally, our expertise in signalling gives people and goods in Central and Eastern European markets, like Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Macedonia, Croatia, Serbia and Albania, the connected journey they deserve. No matter how challenging the project, our 400 employees in Vienna stay by our customer’s side until the job is done – whatever it takes.
- Design, Implementation, Unit/Module Testing, Documentation of peripheral components for next generation of interlocking control systems
- Safety Critical Software
- SW/HW integration of embedded systems
- Collaboration in an agile team
- Working in an international team and in cooperation with other Thales units
- Technical degree in Computer Science or similar
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with the full lifecycle of a software development project: design, development, module testing, verification, deployment and maintenance
- You are a customer-oriented team player with the following technical competence
- Background with modern object-oriented software development (Java SE), experience in JAVA SW development
- SW/HW integration: embedded systems
- LINUX OS knowledge (system configuration, bash, scripting)
- Continuous build and integration (Gerrit, Git, Eclipse, Maven, …) (as user)
- It would be an asset if you have the following technical competences
- Virtualization technologies, networking, cybersecurity
- LINUX gnu tool chain (as user)
- Behavior driven development (BDD): Cucumber, Gherkin
- Fluency in English
- Challenging, innovative projects in a worldwide acting group offering various internal development opportunities
- Great accessibility by public transport and various benefits like flexible working time with home office policy, on-site canteen with company subsidy and Wiener Linien Yearly Ticket.
- Support with learning & development
- Support with work permit application
- The legal minimum remuneration for this position is 50.540 g.p.a for 38h/Week. Actual compensation based on experience and qualification may comprise a significant overpayment.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!