Software Engineer (all genders) - Summer Internship
Our journey as Entain began when we evolved from GVC Holdings on 9th December 2020, but our brands have been paving the way and making history since the 1880s.
Today, we’re one of the world’s largest sports betting and gaming entertainment groups – a FTSE 100 company that is home to more than 25 widely recognised brands, such as bwin, Coral, Foxy, Gala, Ladbrokes and partypoker.
But that’s just the beginning. We’re constantly broadening our horizons and expanding our global influence. For example, our partnership with MGM Resorts International has allowed us to make waves in the US by powering BetMGM with our bespoke and top-of-the-line technology.
It’s with this unique technology that we’re revolutionising our industry, and we’re boldly working towards being THE world leader in sports betting, gaming and interactive entertainment. Really though, it’s the people that truly make us who we are. There’s over 24,000 of us around the world and counting, but we all play for the same team.
We’re proud to promote a culture that shatters barriers to unite, and encourages uncompromised diversity of background, thought and experience. When we win, we win together.
If you share our values and want to be part of the revolution, we want you on our team. With offices across 19 different countries, we have an excellent history of identifying and nurturing the finest talent on a global scale. We’re all about putting our customers at the heart of the action and, with us, you can help bring moments of excitement into people’s lives.
At Entain, it’s your game. We’re ready to play – are you?
About The Role
Entain is one of the world’s largest sports betting and gaming groups, operating both online and in the retail sector. With offices across five continents and licenses in more than 20 countries, we operate some of the most well-known and iconic brands in the industry with more than 250 years of combined history – names such as Ladbrokes, party poker, bwin and Coral.
We have an open summer internship opportunity within our Software Engineering team. We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic about software development and eager to learn about software craftmanship.
You will join a team that is building the next generation of betting products whilst working with cutting edge technologies. All teams work in an Agile, international environment.
As part of this experience, you will collaborate closely with Product Managers, Business Analysts and other developers of the company. As a member of a Scrum team, you will support work on backend/server-side applications (JAVA based) for our trading systems.
- Work as part of a team that is energetic, dynamic, hardworking, full of ideas, fun and friendly
- Apply state-of-the-art software design to ensure high availability, scalability, maintainability, and performance of high-traffic web applications
- Work on high-frequency, low-latency backend systems.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming, web technologies
- Knowledge of (Micro-)service development in JAVA
- General understanding of design patterns
- Have researched into one or more of these technologies is an advantage:
- Git, Maven
- JUnit, Mockito
- Kafka, Redis, Cassandra, Elasticsearch
- Good level of English
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A salary of 1.450, – EUR gross per month
- A modern and dynamic working environment in the heart of Vienna
- € 136 Lunch voucher on a full – time basis