Senior Staff Engineer Technical Problem Solving Expert Wide Band Gap (f/m/div)*
Am Campeon 1-15,
Are you an energetic and enthusiastic person with experience and technical expertise on semiconductor technologies? Are you eager to contribute to the technological evolution with your knowledge and skills? Then this might be your dream job! Join Infineon as we shape the future! Be part of the change! Apply now!
- Contribute to complex development or innovation projects for the next generation of power semiconductors using new base-materials like SiC- and GaN
- Lead problem-solving teams and support our WBG-program
- Apply and improve problem solving methodology combined with strong analytical background
- Continuously enhance your technical expertise in the area of basematerial, metallization and passivation
- Identify root causes for multidimensional technical problems and drive early improvement projects for stabile production and enhanced product performance.
In this role, you are
member of an overarching problem solving community . By sharing your knowledge and expertise, you are globally visible in the company and you are in close contact to leaders of all divisions and organizations.
In your new role you will:
- Establish a link from problem solving to technical expertise along value chain
- Experience continuous growth and personal development into deep problem solving methodology (e.g. Black Belt) including respective training & coaching
- Develop deep level understanding in the area of Base materials systems for WBG-technologies
- Achieve fundamental knowledge of interaction of base material and respective key-parameters like backside sealing, lattice defects and getter mechanism is basis for your guidance you provide to development and improvement projects , e.g. Define guidelines for innovative analytical characterization methods & control concept
- Proactively collaborate with R&D partners in all divisions, Frontend & Backend unit process development, integration and innovation teams & external scientific partners
With this position, you will enter our “Technical Ladder”: our carrier path for experts. You will be able to focus deeply on technology challenges – while further pursuing your carrier. As you continually expand your expert knowledge, puzzle over matters and solve problems, you will position yourself as a thought leader – thus helping our products improve our world a bit more each day.
- A Master’s degree or PhD in Material Science, Physics, Electric Engineering or a similar scientific-technical field
- Several years of working experience in semiconductor technologies including hands-on experience in problem solving methods
- A solid technical background and expertise on semiconductor technologies , Frontend or Backend processing and integration
- High motivation for problem solving activities using your Thinking 6 Sigma (T6S) qualification (e.g. Green Belt)
- An excellent analytical and strategic mindset and strive for high quality standards
- A deep knowledge of statistical methods and professional data assessment based on quantitative or qualitative data source
- The ability to communicate effectively in a cross-functional, multi-site and international environment and the willingness to travel internationally on a regular basis
- Fluent English and German skills
We offer competitive salaries and additional benefits based on your performance, experience and qualification. The employment is in accordance with the collective salary and wage agreement for employees of the electrical and electronics industry, employment group H-I (https://www.feei.at/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/minimum-salaries-white-collar-workers-2022.pdf). The monthly salary is paid 14 times p.a. We offer a higher compensation depending on your expertise and skills.
More than 5.000 people work at five different sites in Austria.
Infineon is a world leader in semiconductor solutions that make life easier, safer, and greener. Our solutions for efficient energy management, smart mobility, and secure, seamless communications link the real and the digital world.
Frontend (FE) cluster offers a broad range of manufacturing competence specialized in high-quality logic products. The portfolio represents Power, Bipolar, Sensor, Passive and Diode technologies as well as CMOS, RF-CMOS and embedded flash technologies. The manufacturing sites in Dresden, Kulim, Regensburg and Villach are committed to Operational Excellence with strong customer focus.
>> Click here << for more information about working within our Frontend department at our site in Villach and an overview of all open jobs
Infineon in Villach you shape the technologies of tomorrow and work in an international environment with more than 3700 colleagues from over 65 nations. Your personal contribution will be valued and appreciated as the cornerstones of our success. And all that in beautiful surroundings which guarantee a high quality of life.
City of Villach is located in the center of Carinthia, Austria’s southernmost province, in close proximity to the Italian and Slovenian border. Living in Austria has many social, health-care-related and economic perks. The country’s social and health care system is among the best in the world and for decades numerous international surveys have singled out Austria as a particularly safe and wealthy country with a high quality of life. Villach itself benefits from its status as a “small town”, offering everyday living at affordable prices in an outstanding setting.
Find out what you like most about Villach and join us:
The term gender in the sense of the General Equal Treatment Act (GETA) or other national legislation refers to the biological assignment to a gender group. At Infineon we are proud to embrace (gender) diversity, including female, male and diverse.