R&D NeuroTech Engineer
Millions of people worldwide suffer from brain-related issues, such as migraine & dementia, that can already be addressed with the latest breakthroughs in neurotechnology.
We leverage cutting-edge research to develop vastly better solutions for the greatest challenges to brain health.
Mission-driven and with extensive international experience in MedTech, neuroscience, and AI, we have swiftly raised significant public and private capital and are currently at the most exciting point in the life of a startup: launching the moonshot. Help us build the business and grow the team to advance our innovations and bring them to the masses.
YOUR ROLE:R&D NeuroTech Engineer
You will be designing core parts of our novel NeuroTech device from optimal coil design, closed-loop functionality to controllers. You will be a key part of the engineering team and closely collaborate on requirements, standards, and regulations.
For that, we believe it is critical to co-locate with the team in Vienna, Austria – but we value performance and value-creation over face-to-face time.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:Drive novel designs to optimize closed-loop neural stimulation solutions
- Optimize our coil designs for miniaturized high-performance magnetic brain stimulation
- Design firmware to control our non-invasive device with closed-loop functionality
- Optimize EEG hardware for signal quality
- Support power electronics development
YOUR PROFILE:Drive & Ownership
- University degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience with simulation software such as CST, COMSOL, or Sim4Life
- 2+ years of experience designing high-performing coils
- 2+ years of experience writing software/ firmware to control hardware incl. microcontrollers
- 2+ years of experience with PCB design
- Work experience in engineering in highly regulated industry (such as MedTech, Military, etc.)
- Product development experience from design-to-market, incl. testing & troubleshooting, fast or equivalent work experience
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot software
- Can-do attitude & drive
- English proficiency
- Residency and work permit for Austria, Germany, Denmark, or USA
- Advanced degree in Telecommunication, Signal processing, Electrical Engineering or Physics
- Experience engineering for transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS)
- Experience with high voltage control software
- Experience working with medical sensors such as EEG
- Experience in RF engineering
- Extensive programming experience
- ~75% office presence in first year
YOUR BENEFITS:Gain deep and hands-on experience in the vivid and fast-growing field of neuromodulation with personalized and highly innovative solutions
- Be at the forefront of the NeuroTech industry in a small, but fast-growing team
- Ride a steep learning curve
- Access world-class mentors
- Earn equity and create value for yourself
- Enjoy the advantages of a meritocracy with regards to days off or working hour schedule
- Co-locate with ergonomic furniture in an exciting office prime location in the city center of Vienna
- Enjoy free coffee, brainfood, drinks, and brain stimulation experiments 😉
This is a unique opportunity to join an early-stage venture advancing closed-loop non-invasive brain stimulation to address unmet, globally relevant clinical needs. You will join a highly competent team supported by seasoned MedTech experts, outstanding advisors, and world-leading scientists.
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier (and exciting) place. It’s unlocking a career in an outstandingly exciting industry – a nucleus of what is to become a globally important company. At you will join a culture driven by excellence that helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones.
ABOUT US:Private and public capital-backed technology enthusiasts
is an Austrian MedTech startup founded in 2022 that brings clinically proven, self-learning neuromodulation to everyday life. With its ‘closed-loop’ non-invasive brain stimulation technology, personalizes stimulation and continuously improves the efficacy of therapies to the central nervous system. The competitive advantage is based on this continuous learning cycle and proprietary designs of an effective stimulation technique.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply.
WHAT WE VALUE:Bright minds
- Driving change in the field of neurotechnology, fast
- Working on a cause that one can be proud of
- Intellectual integrity
- Taking ownership
- Having fun
WHAT WE OFFER:Meritocracy
- Market compensation (for legal purposes: At least (!) €50k gross p.a.) – readiness to tailor to your experiences & preferences