Gilead does not view this careers page as a forum for product inquiries. For product information, please refer to the information on our corporate website at www.gilead.com/medicines/request-information.
Gilead does not view this career page as a forum for feedback on Gilead products or reporting adverse effects. Where such comments are made, this information will be passed onto our Drug Safety and Public Health team. They may be in contact with you directly for additional information if you provide contact details
to apply for this job.
At Kite we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Kite, a Gilead Company, is an organization engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system’s ability to recognize and kill tumors.
Gilead Sciences GesmbH in Austria is seeking a knowledgeable and motivated professional capable of working effectively in a cross-functional team environment. The successful candidate will assume a full-time employment as a field-based Kite Medical Scientist in the Medical Affairs department and report to Kite Country Medical Lead. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
- Ensure the safe and appropriate use of Kite therapies and lead scientific exchanges with the medical and scientific communities
- Support the setup of cell therapy sites and improve the standard of clinical care for patients living with cancer
- Executes the medical strategy under the guidance of the Cell Therapy Medical Lead and in collaboration with the X-functional team
- Together with your manager who is 30% in the field you will cover all relevant regions in Austria with special focus on referral sites/non-qualified treatment centers
- Serve as external scientific expert in the therapy area, healthcare landscape, and data on Kite and competitor therapies
- Partner with colleagues and serve as the external medical affairs representative in the cross-functional therapeutic team
- Identify and establish strategic relationships with key external stakeholders at a national level
- Collaborate with the cross-functional team to develop and manage national thought leader engagement plans
- Serve as company ambassador to professional societies,, patient advocacy groups, and at national and international scientific meetings
- Develop and present complex scientific and clinical data on Kite medicines and related therapy areas
- Coordinate and answer complex responses to clinical inquiries from healthcare professionals
- Obtain external insights and support the development and execution of advisory programs
- Serve as liaison for early access programs and compassionate use requests for registered Kite therapies
- Appropriately discuss concepts and coordinate the submission of investigator-sponsored research proposals
- Contributes to the development of educational programs and materials
Referral Site Support
- Work closely with other field-based employees and head-office staff to proactively support and improve the interaction between referral and Cell Therapy sites nationally
- Scientifically liaise with relevant referral sites to improve the standard of clinical care for cancer patients in Austria
- Provide clinical trial recruitment enhancement activities at referral centers
- Implement defined goals and objectives aligned with indication strategic plans
- Support the training of affiliate staff on therapy area and data relating to Kite therapies
- Ensure all behaviors and activities are in accordance with local laws and AIFP code
- Scientific or clinical degree preferred
- Experience in oncology, hematology and/or cell therapy is preferred
- Functional experience in field medical affairs preferred
- Working knowledge of AIFP code.
- Previous working experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry preferred but not required
- Excellent written, verbal, relationship-building, influencing, and negotiation skills required
- Aptitude to understand complex issues, identify key findings, and communicate salient points to varying audiences required
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize workload required
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy and independence required
- Adherence to all regulatory, legal, and business conduct requirements required
- Willingness and capacity to travel locally, nationally, and internationally when required (approximately 80% in-field time)
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system’s ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit
. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
to apply for this job.