Local Business Controller | Austria
If you are passionate about people and feel excited about being part of transforming a whole industry – then keep reading!
We are Polestar, an electric performance brand: detail obsessed, performance focused and determined to make the most advanced and exciting electric cars the world has ever seen. We blaze our own trail, one without compromise. Now, our Austrian team is expanding its finance operations.
Let us describe the challenge we offer
The Local Business Controller will be a professional with good experience from accounting, cost accounting, budgeting, forecasting, procurement, payment transactions, accruals and reporting preferably from the automotive industry. The Local Business Controller will also manage financial processes linked to the sales activities of the entity and will secure that all administrative tasks and processes related to sales and finance are completed in a timely and competent manner. Additionally, you will monitor and follow-up the day-to-day operational performance of our investors and partners.
In this role you will be able to contribute to the correct implementation of a new direct-to-consumer business model that is unique in the automotive industry. You will enable the organization to increase the efficiency and streamline financial processes.
This role will be based in Vienna, and you will report to the Managing Director.
What you will do
You will manage and improve upon existing local controlling and reporting practices, while identifying and mitigating financial risks and opportunities. You will also identify key drivers and set up performance follow up. You will be the financial business partner to the managing director by initiating, supporting, challenging and following-up on the activities needed to secure a successful financial and operational development. At the same time, you will be the guardian of Polestar’s local assets and secure an optimized use of the company’s resources.
Further on we believe you have:
- Be the main liaison towards HQ from a financial perspective, working closely with the regional controller within the HQ commercial control team
- Prepare business forecast and ensure ongoing accuracy; monthly budget analysis and preparation of budget-related reports, accruals, and analysis
- Support in contract negotiations and business case studies, also business functions in processing of invoices, respective purchase orders
- Annual planning and monitoring of Service Level Agreements
- Clarification of tax and commercial law issues with external experts
- Drive and coordinate cross functional general affairs related initiatives within the organization
Who you are
To be a great fit for this role we believe that you are ambitious, flexible, proactive, and see the value in collaboration and innovation. You’re excited to get in on the ground floor, helping to create and develop a company that will act as an inspiration for the rest of the industry. You’re structured, self-motivated, data-enthusiastic and have a quantitative problem-solving approach, with demonstrated analytical skills and data driven approach to business. We’re looking for a team-player with a commitment to meet stringent deadlines with accuracy and efficiency. You have a problem-solving, entrepreneurial attitude, a strong sense of organization, time, and resource management. You’re collaborative, flexible, hands-on working style and an ability to establish trust and credibility.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in business administration, or equivalent
- Min 3 years of experience, automotive experience is seen as a plus
- Experience with SAP and Workday is a plus
- Good understanding of automotive finance related processes is a plus
- Have relevant experience in an automotive company, retail banking or leasing company is a plus
- Have excellent written and verbal in German and English
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
[The minimum salary for this position is 50,000 EUR gross p.a., with willingness to overpay depending on your experience, competencies, and qualifications.]
Is this you?If you are interested in joining the Polestar family, don’t wait with submitting your application. We apply a continuous selection process and the job post will be open until the position is filled.
Are you ready for the journey? Which is electric by the way…