That’s how many lives our products touched in 2021.
160+ projects currently in clinical development. 21 major approvals last year alone. These are achievements we’re incredibly proud of, but in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
Novartis focuses on innovative patent-protected medicines, generics and eye care products – segments where we have global reach and strong relations with our customers. Research and development (R&D) sits at the core of our business and central to our strategy. Our global organizations for manufacturing, business services and other functions help increase efficiency and promote excellence.
The Innovative Medicines Division has two business units:
Novartis Pharmaceuticals focuses on patented treatments in the areas of ophthalmology; immunology, hepatology and dermatology; neuroscience; respiratory; and cardio-metabolic.
Novartis Oncology focuses on patented treatments for a variety of cancers and rare diseases.
Sandoz offers patients and healthcare professionals high-quality, affordable generics and biosimilars.
Functional organizations with a global reach:
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR) is the innovation engine of Novartis. NIBR focuses on discovering new drugs that can change the practice of medicine.
Global Drug Development (GDD) organization oversees the development of new medicines discovered by our researchers and partners.
Novartis Technical Operations (NTO) handles manufacturing of innovative medicines and Sandoz products.
NTO helps us optimize resource allocation and capacity planning across our production sites.
Novartis Business Services (NBS) consolidates support services across our organization, helping drive efficiency, simplification, standardization and quality.
Corporate Functions support the enterprise in specific areas of expertise, including finance, human resources, legal and communications.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Manage corporate housekeeping for Sandoz Austria GmbH and its affiliated companies in Austria, which includes coordination and supporting the general management and the super-visory board chair. Drafting all necessary resolutions and facilitating the registration pro-cess with the companies register. Manage the streamlining and setting up of unified ap-proaches and Standard Operating procedures for the entire Sandoz group in Austria in re-gards to Contract Management, Dawn Raid and Competition Law preparedness. Support Country Legal Head Sandoz in providing legal advice and guidance to the business, as well as manage compliance with legal requirements. Advise the Company on its contractual & statutory obligations manage disputes and litigation, support management decision pro-cesses with legal risk assessments. Support implementation of all compliance initiatives, as per global/regional requirements. Closely work with the Sandoz Country Legal Head.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Corporate housekeeping for Sandoz GmbH and all other Sandoz affiliates in AT. The Sandoz group has the following legal entities in Austria: Sandoz GmbH, Sandoz Austria GmbH (Holding), 1A Pharma GmbH, Hexal Pharma GmbH, Ebewe KG and HBHG Pharma GmbH
- Taking care of all corporate law related matters in close alignment with Country Legal Head of Sandoz.
- Coordination and supporting the general management and the supervisory board chair in organizing and conducting the Management board meetings, supervisory board meetings, shareholder meetings / resolutions, appointment and withdrawal of managing directors / proxy holders etc.
- Drafting and coordination of all necessary documents from corporate law perspective (e.g., meeting minutes, resolutions etc) and facilitate the registration of resolutions in the companies register
- If needed, taking care of a smooth Contract Management and Dawn Raid (Antitrust and Competition laws) process for the Austrian Sandoz companies in close aligning with all relevant stakeholders (Country Legal, Regional Legal and Global Legal)
- Coordination of legal questions in the Matrix organization (Sandoz Austria, Sandoz Commercial Operations, Sandoz Technical Operations)
- Legal support fort the Austrian Commercial Operations organization such as: Provide legal advice for all kinds of legal issues (business operations incl. drafting, negotiating and reviewing contracts), review marketing activities. Provide legal advice to the marketing-, regulatory-, and other business department. Legal advice for all kinds of products and business. Liaise with external law firms and notary public.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- Austrian Law Degree.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience post-graduation. Ideally gained within an healthcare/pharmaceutical environment or alternatively with a top-tier law firm representing healthcare & technology clients with a specific focus on dealing with corporate law matters. Strong verbal and written communication skills; together with a high ability to influence and negotiate.
- Fluent in English and German, both written and spoken.
500 million patients were touched by Sandoz generic and biosimilar medicines in 2021 and while we’re proud of this, we know there is more we could do to continue to help pioneer access to medicines for people around the world.
How will we do this? We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what’s possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could achieve here at Sandoz!
Join our Sandoz Network : If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Sandoz and our career opportunities, join the Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/sandoztalentpool