Frontend Engineer for George (all genders)
Banking has a name. And we create it.
For 9 million customers across Europe, George stands for a digital banking experience that combines design and technology on an open platform. At Erste Digital, we strive for for everyone. We achieve this by empowering people to understand, manage and, last but not least, enjoy one of their most personal things: their money.
Join us in our agile environment and make banking simple, intelligent and personal again!
Your idea of a perfect offsite would be to perform code reviews with other developers. As our Frontend Engineer (all genders), you will implement new features for the George banking platform, and when needed, change and extend existing features. You’ll collaborate closely with business analysts in specking new features, initiate test coverage for existing features, and help bring innovative and delightful designs to life. We’re looking for mindful, empathetic, and self-aware engineers to join our team and make George shine for the user.
What you’ll bring with you
- Several years of experience building single page web applications
- Fluency in web development technologies with a good feel for what is and is not possible
- Ninja-like skills of refactoring and working with legacy code.
- Understanding the value of TDD, BDD and testing frameworks (Jest, Mocha, Jasmine) as a way to deliver software of higher value
- An ability to express your values and opinions and articulating them in fluent English
We like you because
- Of wanting to write clean and solid code
- You love improving the Design of existing code
- You manage to work effectively with legacy code
- You already started the road from journeyman to master
- You can tell what the code smells like
Why you will like us
- We are a team of experienced developers who love to exchange ideas and push the boundaries
- We provide everything you need to work (e.g., MacBook Pro, mobile device, licenses) and lots of additional benefits
- We are open minded, and we are always keen to stand up and go the extra mile for the correct solution
- We care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs
- We encourage regular conference visits and multiple chances to shine with George
- New Work is not just another buzz word to us. We proactively adapt to the ever-changing work environment of today
- Working from home, virtual office, working while riding a bike. What ever and how ever you do your best work to make George shine, is fine by us.
- A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted – the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 56.448,- gross per year. But this is just a formality – we would be happy to talk about your actual salary in person!
The way we are
As an employee of Erste Digital, the success of our people is more than a motto, it’s our manifest. We nurture a work environment where age, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation and cultural background are seen as the key to our success – we live diversity!