Flight Dispatcher (m/f/d)
A company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 and is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. Do you want to be part of a company that connects people worldwide? And the more people we connect, the better life will be on our planet.
Do you want to make a difference? Then come to our DHL Air Austria team and become a Flight Dispatcher!
DHL Air (Austria) GmbH is a new cargo airline founded in 2021, and is a subsidiary of Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group. The prime focus of the airline is to operate for the EU network with a fleet of Boeing 757 aircraft. The headquarters of the airline is located in Vienna, main crew base is currently in Leipzig, delivering our customer promise of Excellence. Simply Delivered. During the course of a new project of adding four Boeing 767s to the existing fleet, we’re looking forward to expanding our staff in Vienna.
Your primary responsibility is to provide safe and compliant flight plans to DHA flight crews, assisting with flight briefings, and actively monitoring weather conditions and any other restrictions that may impact the safe and efficient operation of all DHA flights.
You report to the OCC Manager and to the Supervisor Flight Dispatch
- Set up the most optimized and safe Flight Planning in order to assist the company in running and maintaining its flight program in accordance with the Network program and regulations in force.
- Actively monitor and analyze weather, NOTAMs, technical information, network schedules and Air Traffic Control (ATC) data to ensure safe and compliant operating in line with the Airline specific SOP’s and Regulations (OM)
- Assist the PIC with the flight preparation and with any other required operational information
- Submit flight plans to the appropriate ATC center, ensuring it´s acceptance and monitoring related ATC Slots
- Take into consideration in any flight planning task the best economical solution, targeting the best possible on-time performance
- Determine fuel load to be carried and place the fuel order in line with DHA Fuel Policy
- Maintain a pro-active monitoring on all DHA operations, providing optimal solutions to any potential or active disruption event.
- Compile, analyze and process data related to the dispatch and OCC function and prepare reports as required
- Coordinate any ad-hoc over flight and landing authorizations, ad-hoc airport slots and ancillary services when operationally required
- Build and maintain a good relationship with DHL Network control centers (EUNCC, INCC,…) and any other external party
- Participate in cross-departmental projects as required
- Should hold a valid Dispatch license or have recently completed a recognizable aviation training program in line with the latest ICAO requirements. Relevant professional experiences within an aviation operational environment can also be considered.
- Must have at least 1 year of practical experience in an operational environment
- Should have a background in commercial flight operations. Having experience with Cargo operations is a plus.
- Have a solid knowledge of navigation, meteorology, flight planning, air traffic control, aviation regulations and commercial aviation
- Working with LIDO Flight 4D is a plus
- Have a good command of the English language; German is a plus
- Are able to work in a 24/7 shift pattern
- Have excellent problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work under pressure and as part of a team, proficient in analysis and decision-making
- Have excellent problem-solving skills
- Career opportunities in a dynamic, international environment
- Dispatch related Training as per the latest ICAO requirements, plus additional training related with DHA software and aviation tools.
- Open minded culture with start-up character Meal opportunities and benefits (e.g. employee discounts in stores at Vienna Airport, commute compensation, German lessons, weekly fresh fruit basket, access to myID Travel, corporate benefits)
Do you see a personal challenge in these versatile and responsible tasks? Then apply now!
Posting Legal EntityDHL Air (Austria) GmbH