Finance Manager (f/m/d), full-time in Vienna
Speedinvest is a leading early-stage venture capital firm with more than €1 billion AuM and 40 investors based in Berlin, London, Munich, Paris, and Vienna. Our dedicated sector-focused teams are the first to fund Europe’s most innovative technology startups and our in-house operational experts are on-hand to offer founders ongoing support with growth, HR, market expansion, and more. Wefox, Bitpanda, TIER Mobility, GoStudent, Wayflyer, Open, CoachHub, Schüttflix, TourRadar, Adverity, and Twaice are among our portfolio of 250+ companies.
We are looking to expand our Finance team and are hiring a
About the Position
As an Accountant, you will work on day-to-day accounting issues and booking records of several legal entities and management companies within Speedinvest, therefore you form an essential part in accounting of the fund’s business and overall success. You will be embedded in the finance team, closely working with our investment team and legal team. You will support (primarily) the financial and operational side of day-to-day transactional work with startups.
- Working on day-to-day accounting issues and booking records of our legal entities and management companies according to local GAAP requirements (i.e. Austria, Germany, UK, France)
- Checking travel and hospitality expenses for eligibility prior to recording in accounting
- Preparing / parking payment transactions and transfers with bank
- Execution of ongoing bank postings and checking of cash transactions
- Initiating and preparing of base data for processing of VAT returns
- Supporting accounting department with ongoing accounts reconciliation in the course of regular monthly and quarterly closing procedures
- Quarterly closing, budget, forecast, year-end closing, ongoing deviation analysis and reporting Actual vs. Budget vs. Forecast and Reporting
- Helping accounting and finance team with further development and implementation of financial accounting processes (e.g. new tools, digitalization)
We value intellectual curiosity, a growth mindset, initiative and the ability to work independently, as well as a collaborative spirit!
- Commercial education completed with graduation and general qualification from business / high school (”Matura”, HAK)
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in medium-sized corporate environment, tax advisor or a fast-paced work environment
- Preferably successful certificate as professional book-keeper and/or accountant
- Passionate about accounting concepts and outcomes, with an interest in the commercials and economics of transactions
- Knowledge and user experience in BMD NTCS accounting software as well as skills in Microsoft Excel
- Analytical and numerical skills with high attention to accuracy, reliability and details
- Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and entrepreneurial organization
- Dedicated work ethic, proactive attitude and commitment to a goal-oriented environment
- Fluency in German and ideally also in English
This role is perfect for you if you – for example:
- Have a financial background, and would like to step out of pure “back-office” work and, with one foot, step into the world of venture capital
- Have any other business or economics background with a strong interest in the mentioned areas and would like to move into the world of venture capital
What We Offer?
- A unique chance to step into the world of venture capital and startups
- An innovative environment with a growth mindset
- The chance to be part of an international, driven, talented and results-oriented team
- The opportunity to continuously learn and grow including further development
- An opportunity to leave your suits behind and wear sneakers to work
- Flexible work environment and the ability to work from home on a regular basis
According to Austrian law, we are required to state a minimum salary for this position. The expected minimum monthly salary is EUR 40,000.00 gross annually. However, the final salary will be a competitive package based on previous work experience, hence there is a willingness to overpay.
Speedinvest believes in equal opportunities for everyone and encourages diversity and inclusion. We want to encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply for this role. We process all applications without regard to gender, nationality, race, colour, religion, age, disability status, sexual orientation or marital status.
We look forward to hearing from you!