director operations – ad23002
Proxygen’s mission is to harness the most innovative, cutting-edge technologies and know-how to redefine the limits of what is druggable. Most drugs are designed to block one specific function of a disease-causing protein. But over 80% of human proteins are not accessible via this approach and are generally considered “undruggable”. At Proxygen, we specialize in a completely different class of drugs, called molecular glue degraders. These have the unprecedented potential to tackle diseases that have thus far been considered “undruggable”.
Originating from one of the most prestigious research institutions in Europe, our irrevocable focus lies on excellence in everything we do. While being proud to be a truly Viennese company, our team comes from all over the world – with one common goal in mind: pushing the boundaries of what is druggable.
We are looking for an enthusiastic full-time director operations excited to reach this goal together with us and help grow Proxygen to the next level.
what we are looking for
- Completed studies in biotechnology, life sciences or a related field and/or business administration or comparable training
- 5+ years of relevant experience in similar positions, ideally in an international biotech environment
- Effective leader with solid interpersonal skills including the ability to build trust, influence, and relationships across a diverse group
- Strong initiative with the ability to drive and prioritize projects of varying complexity and timelines simultaneously
- Adept communication skills in German and English, including ability to summarize complex issues concisely and listen effectively to concerns and problems
- High standards of excellence and exceptional attention to detail
- Self-starter who identifies & helps solve problems, and can deal with ambiguity
- Familiarity and understanding of scientific principles that guide our business
what your main responsibilities will be
- Develop and implement operational excellence processes along Proxygen’s core (R&D, lab management) and supporting (HR, facility management, etc.) functions
- Manage operational day-to-day activities of a biotech company and tackle challenges through independent, proactive problem solving
- Coordinate Proxygen’s operations team and external service providers (IT, property management, accounting, etc.)
- Serve as strategic thought partner to the company management, giving input on strategic imperatives, cross-functional projects, human capital, and organization budgets to ensure optimal operating environment
what we offer
- Opportunity to work in a leadership position across business functions, thereby transforming and maintaining the scalability of a rising biotech company in Vienna
- A young, dynamic, and highly international team that regularly gets together for company events and happy hours
- Full support of professional development (trainings, courses, etc.) aligned to your individual career goals
- New office infrastructure with supermarkets in one of the up-and-coming office hubs of the city
- Convenient connection to Vienna’s public transport via busses and commuter rail (S-Bahn) within walking distance
Please submit your application including a letter of motivation and curriculum vitae with contact details of two referees to [email protected] in one single PDF with reference to the application code “AD23002” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. The annual gross salary for this position is EUR 75.000 based on a 40-hour work week. Depending on experience and qualification the salary can be negotiated.
At Proxygen, we believe that innovation goes hand-in-hand with diversity. We highly encourage applications from all candidates irrespectively of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or age.
For more information, please visit www.proxygen.com