DBA Manager (Remote)
Percona Managed Services is a global, elite team of engineers who love getting our hands dirty in the most complex database environments in the world. We take great pride in not only being the best at what we do technically but working to continually improve, enhance and optimize customer environments to improve every day. When we pair that technical expertise and desire to get better with a team of Service Delivery Managers that can take our tech speak and translate it into something our customers can actually use to solve tricky business problems, it ends up a pretty powerful combination.
What You Will Do:
You’ll have the opportunity to lead a diverse group of individuals that are at the top of their field; a high-performing team that works hard, plays hard and is there for each other. You’ll have the opportunity to make decisions to make them the best that they can be and to encourage their growth to even greater heights as a coach, mentor, teammate, and friend.
As the manager of a globally-diverse, multicultural team, you’ll spend most of your time working on maintaining our high levels of service, searching for individuals that fit our culture, building relationships with our customers to make sure we know how best to service them, and doing everything you can to look for ways to make your team better: as a team, as individuals, and in how we serve our customers.
This role is based in the EMEA region to work with our EMEA and APAC Perconians. This is a remote position and we require a stable high-speed internet connection.
- 5+ years experience with people management/leadership servicing external customers
- Experience managing technical teams, preferably in a customer-facing support environment
- Experience with process improvement and organizational change management
- Experience or knowledge of all aspects of a service delivery
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Superior customer service skills and desire to ensure our customers’ success
- Passion and drive to see a problem, build a plan and fully execute that plan
- Versed well enough in industry jargon to talk about low-level technical details or high-level strategy, depending on the situation
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyze complex information quickly
- Able to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial approach
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and grow people
- Communicates clearly and professionally to convey confidence even when under pressure
- Flexibility and availability for escalation purposes
- Willing to try new things and tweak processes to improve what we do in every facet of customer interactions and technical delivery
- Ability to positively influence fellow Perconians, independent of direct reporting path
- Familiarity with Open Source, its core values, its community, and its mindset
- Ability to work remotely.
At Percona we place a high value on our culture of high performance and continuous improvement. This is especially true in Managed Services, as customers leverage our expertise on a daily basis, and therefore we must continually look to meet those high expectations while working to improve everything we do. As a manager within Managed Services, this position is entrusted with not only maintaining this culture but working to push us to that next level. It is therefore imperative that this position is capable of working with and leading a very high-performing team, earning their trust, and leading them in a way that takes the most advantage of this high level of talent.