Chapter Lead - ad:s (m/f/d)
We’re the world’s leading sports technology company, at the intersection between sports, media, and betting. More than 1,700 sports federations, media outlets, betting operators, and consumer platforms across 120 countries rely on our know-how and technology to boost their business.
Sport provides people with a common connection – it can bring together and unite people from all walks of life and all corners of the globe to share sporting moments. And ever since odds were laid on chariot racing in Ancient Rome, fans have appreciated the value of timely and accurate sports statistics and information. Sportradar addresses this need, understanding and leveraging the power of sports data and digital content to be the leading global provider of sports betting and entertainment products and services. We are NASDAQ-listed and are one of the fastest-growing sport-tech companies on the planet.
Our division, “Sportradar ad:s”provides data-driven marketing and sponsorship services to the iGaming industry, designed to help deliver significant efficiency improvements for marketing investments. The ad:s team develops and provides purpose-built tools and services to meet the individual marketing needs of sportsbooks and media publishers worldwide. Imagine yourself working in surroundings of sports data, live play-by-play statistics, virtual sports, microservices, and betting – everything done in an agile spirit and always striving to deliver the most value for our customers. We are passionate about what we do, and we care passionately about our people. If you think you’re up to the challenge, come and help us to grow, innovate and develop!
As a Chapter Lead at Sportradar, you will be responsible for developing the right capabilities in the ad:s tribe, equipping Chapter members with the skills, tools and standard approaches to deliver functional excellence and value to the business. At the same time, the Chapter Lead is a practicing and hands-on Software Engineer themselves, working alongside other Engineers as part of a Squad. As Chapter Lead, you will be responsible for the line management and development of the people who are members of your Chapter.
- Responsible for recruitment, development, performance management and retention for all Chapter members.
- Responsible for providing line management duties for all Chapter members with a view to focussing on coaching and mentoring techniques aligned with agile principles and values.
- Responsible for providing an inclusive environment where Chapter members have freedom and safety to innovate, experiment, and learn from failure.
- Responsible for providing open and effective communication channels leading to greater knowledge transfer and alignment within the Chapter.
- Member of the Tribe’s Engineering Leadership group, contributing to topics such as:
- Operational concerns like Security, Incident Management, DevOps, Audit and Compliance
- Recruitment and Staffing
- Engineering Roadmap
- SDLC alignment and improvement plans
- Responsible for being the local point-of-contact, coordinating with the People Partner, Office Manager and IT Helpdesk, to represent, signpost and assist Engineers based locally in the same office to find support in matters relating to:
- Equipment and devices
- Physical and software access
- Personal issues
- New joiners
- Extensive professional experience in agile/lean software development, working on complex systems that serve a high volume of users.
- Extensive commercial experience developing in a C based language (e.g. C/C++, Java, Go) or Python
- Experience of developing with Go would be beneficial
- Able to communicate effectively in all circumstances with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Hands-on people and technical leadership experience.
- A passion for bringing great products into our world through collaboration and ingenuity.
- The opportunity to work and develop within an inspiring and fast-growing company
- The possibility to help shape the future of Sportradar. All developers are directly contributing to products used by our clients in the global sports business.
- Involvement in shaping your own workday and career through a high degree of freedom to choose technology and your personal development path.
- A collaborative environment with colleagues from all over the world (Engineering offices in Europe, Asia and US).
- A company culture that promotes social aspects, sports, physical exercise and fun.
- Innovative and cross-team challenges like ShipIt, office sports tournaments in Darts and Table Tennis and unique beer brewing competitions.
- Competitive salary and benefits (e.g. retirement pension and insurance plan)
- Possibility to work from a home office when needed.
The minimum monthly salary for this position is according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement, overpayment will be considered depending on qualifications and working experience.
Buckle up, hold on tight and get ready for an incredible adrenaline-rush throughout this exciting ride with us: #maketheteam and shape your future as well as ours!
Sportradar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to encourage diversity within our teams. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to among other things, your background, status, or personal preferences.
Sportradar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to encourage diversity within our teams. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to among other things, your background, status, or personal preferences