Academy Scientist (f/m/x)
Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften
Job ID: IHB028AS123
The Institute for Habsburg and Balkan Studies (IHB), research unit History of the Habsburg Monarchy, of the
Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW), Austria’s leading non-university research and science institution, is
offering a position as
ACADEMY SCIENTIST (F/M/X)
(full-time, 40h per week)
in the project “Digital Scholarly Edition of Sources on Habsburg-Ottoman Diplomacy, c. 1500-1918” (QhoD;
https://qhod.net). The IHB is an institute with an interdisciplinary profile and foci in early modern and modern
- Archival research on the subject area of the project
- Editing of sources according to the edition guidelines of the project
- Participation in the administration of the project
- Organisation of workshops, summer schools etc.
- Presentation of results at workshops and conferences etc.
- Publication of results
This position requires advanced linguistic, digital, and palaeographical skills:
- Completed doctoral study in history with specialization in the early modern period
- German language skills at native language level
- Professional command of written and spoken academic English
- Excellent command of Latin paleography and early modern German language
- Experience in archival research, especially with handwritten early modern sources
- Working experience with TRANSKRIBUS, TEI, and other digital editing tools
- Flexibility, communication skills, creativity, and readiness to work in an international team
We offer the opportunity to participate in an internationally networked research project and develop knowledge
and skills in digital humanities and digital data presentation. Early postdocs (completed dissertation no more than
three years ago) are preferred.
The annual gross salary is € 54.018,02 according to the collective agreement of the Austrian Academy of Sciences.
The position is limited to 6 years. In case of transfer of QhoD to the long-term program of the OeAW, tenure track
is possible. The start is scheduled for January 1st, 2024.
Please send your cover letter, CV, a copy of your dissertation via e-mail to [email protected] (mentioning Job ID:
IHB028AS123) no later than April 15th, 2023.
For further information, contact Prof. Dr. Arno Strohmeyer ([email protected]).
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well
as diversity. Individuals from underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.